Thursday, February 4, 2010

Blue Eye Liner


     Isn't it amazing, the things that mean the most to a child?  Warm kisses on the check, a meal when they get home from school, and sometimes blue eye liner :)  My sister, Kayla played "maker-over" with Addison over her Christmas break.  Every time I pull out my make-up bag she asks, "Why don't you have blue like Kaaaylaaa!?"  I have even caught her in her room talking to her baby dolls and putting pretend blue eye liner on them.

     I have talked to my Mother many times about my childhood and the things that mattered most to me.  It seems as though the things and the little moments that mattered most are not the same as the things that she thought would.  It is so mind boggling how each brain remembers the same moments in time in totally different lights.  

     Go out and play with your children today.  You never know how much of a difference you will make  in their lives.  

**Hint:  The little things, the things you won't even think about, are the things that will matter to them the most.**


1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Kayla and Addison. The blue eye liner really does make this post perfect. You are such a great mother. I am very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete