Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Jack or "Jill" of All Trades

I have always been a bit of a Jack of All Trades.  Growing up I never wanted to play just one sport, be in just one club, or be in just one social circle.  I have always had the need for more.  This has defiantly made me an outgoing person, but it has also made me feel a loss for the sense of who I am.  In college, not only did they want you to pick a major, but once I was in the Art Department, they wanted me to pick a medium, a concentration.  I wanted to do them all!  It has only been recently that I have found that it is ok to just "be Jessica".  I have been reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.  She talks about the importance of striving to "be Gretchen".  It is ok that I want to do lots of things.  It is ok that I am an Artist and a Realtor.  It is ok that I am a Homemaker and I support women's rights.  It is ok that I get board with the mundane.  I am just being Jessica.

No comments:

Post a Comment